Monday, October 02, 2006

Happy New Year! - No, I am not confused (at least not about the New Year thing). Today is the first day of the city's new fiscal year, when the 2007 budget kicks in and all of the departments have new appropriations. It's also a good time for me to get back to this Blog on a more regular basis. I'd like to say I haven't posted recently because I've been traveling the world or something like that, but it's much more mundane; we've been pretty busy down here at City Hall the last couple of months. So much for the dog days of summer! It doesn't seem long ago in Southwest Florida when nearly everyone packed up and headed north for the summer, including many of our retailers and restauranteurs, and things really did slow down. Although I've heard from retailers all over downtown that this summer was a bit slow for them business-wise, here in the city it was as hectic as ever with the spring training complex project and many other things.

Nonetheless "The Season" lies before us, and it should be an interesting one which will include a City Commission election. So Happy New Year to all, here we go. Now if it would just cool off a little bit more...

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael McNees said...

Dale - Good timing - I came in this morning having just seen a bunch of construction trucks nearly blocking all traffic in another near-downtown area. I know Engineering has stepped up their enforcement of these things, and has recently developed a more aggressive notice system. I will be letting them know about the problem I saw as well.

I had a second inquiry into the 4th Street changes you asked about today, I don't have an answer to your question yet but will get one and pass it along, thanks for letting me know there's an issue.

11/10/06 5:40 PM  
Blogger Michael McNees said...

Dale - I believe that our engineering staff has spoken with people in your (and other) offices about these changes, which are being modified. Thanks for the heads up.

20/10/06 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home