Friday, September 02, 2005

I can see already that a big challenge will be to organize these threads of discussion. If anyone in City Hall who is more Blog-savvy than I am has suggestions on how that works best please stop by my office and let me know! For now I'll try a couple of separate posts by subject.

I also see a great benefit in people responding to each other here, not just to me. Thanks again for participating, and I hope you have (or had) a great Labor Day weekend, and keep a good thought for our neighbors up the Gulf Coast. Also - (fmr.) Mayor Martin - nice to "see" you! Mike

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you may want to add a forum to your communications strategy in addition to the blog. A forum is designed to handle multiple, topical discussions with threaded comments, etc. You can get a free forum at several web sites, including this one. A forum can also be moderated to enfore your "civility" rule.

4/9/05 1:48 PM  
Blogger Michael McNees said...

Justin - Good suggestion - I'll look at it - anything that helps organize the discussions would be great. Thanks.

5/9/05 6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps what you're looking for is something more along the lines of a message or discussion board rather than a blog. Blogs are not really designed for back and forth discussion. They're mainly meant to be someone's web log or diary and allow others to comment. Maybe a Yahoo! group would be more appropriate like the SavvyDiner group I have there that discusses Sarasota area dining. (groups.yahoo.com)
The advantage to that group is that discussions can be posted either by posting to a web form, or by email and can also be moderated. Members can sign up and get a daily digest of the posts emailed to them, or an email each time a new post is made.

7/9/05 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home